Sr. Operations Engineer
Attention! This job posting is 15 days old and might be already filled.
Company Name BizCloud Location San Francisco Bay Area, CA Date Posted Feb 27, 2012 Category Information Technology Job Type Full-Time
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a senior operations engineer to join our rapidly growing team. You will be responsible for the security, stability, and scalability of our production infrastructure. You'll get to work hands on with plenty of exciting scale challenges as we grow to support tens of millions of users across hundreds of servers with petabytes of storage in multiple data centers. We use a variety of technologies including Ruby on Rails, Passenger, Apache, MySQL, GlusterFS, Redis, Hadoop, and many more.
Our cloud is the backbone of our service and provides constant support of mobile clients in the field, enabling them to receive real-time threat protection, backup and restore their data, find and protect their lost devices, and stay connected 24 hours a day. The vast majority of our users connect to the service on a daily basis. The performance and reliability of our cloud is paramount to our success.
* Design, develop, deploy and manage highly available and scalable systems
* Automate everything from deployment to monitoring and management to incident response
* Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
* Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
* Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
* Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
* 3*5+ years of Unix/Linux experience
* Strong knowledge of web services architecture, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Experience building scalable infrastructure for high traffic websites
* Experience deploying web software in a production environment
* Experience with performance tuning, package installation, patch management, network and server management issues
* Strong security knowledge
* Guru-level scripting skills (Ruby preferred)
* Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent communication skills, able to work well with a smart, passionate and growing team
* Comfortable working in a dynamic startup environment
* Software engineering experience
* Experience with Ruby on Rails websites
* In-depth MySQL expertise
* Experience with multisite, large scale web clusters
* Experience with NoSQL technologies
* Experience with mobile/wireless clients
- Laboratory Information System Analyst posted 5 days ago.
- Software Engineer - Permanent Job posted 5 days ago.
- Windows Systems Administrator/Engineer posted 5 days ago.
- SharePoint Administrator - Top Secret Clearance Job posted 5 days ago.
- Software Support Engineer Job posted 5 days ago.