Sr. SAAS Engineer
Attention! This job posting is 15 days old and might be already filled.
Company Name BizCloud Location San Francisco, CA Date Posted Feb 10, 2012 Category Information Technology Job Type Full-Time
We're looking for a senior full-stack SaaS engineer to join our fast-growing San Francisco team that is looking to expand the companies offering to multiple platforms and revolutionize document management. You will report to the VP of Product Engineering and help build new SaaS product line. If you like to role up your sleeves on day 1, move fast and own engineering of entire features then let's build a kick-ass SaaS document management solution together.
What you'll be doing:
- first and foremost, you’ll be building killer web applications for our users and customers (including the Nitro team) that compliment our desktop products
- planning, designing, and building effective and efficient solutions to support a rapidly-growing business and massive scale in a greenfield setting
- working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit flat engineering team to architect, deliver, and improve technical solutions that delight our users
- pushing the envelope on what's possible and applying pragmatic approaches to building sustainable solutions
- fixing and optimizing anything you find broken and important
- helping establish best engineering practices and educating others around you about them
- owning engineering of entire full-stack features
- performing own QA by building automated test suites
- working with our desktop team to architect and implement SaaS interfaces and provide a unified great user experience
- working closely with product and marketing teams to collect and report on key product usage data and otherwise influencing the product roadmap as you build domain expertise
- working closely with product and design teams to deliver a great user experience by paying attention to detail, being thorough, aiming for pixel perfection, ensuring multi-browser support, keeping solutions simple and building on them iteratively
- vigilantly monitoring and improving performance (client-side and back-end)
- figuring out how to run lean and agile without burning out
What we're looking for:
- a long-term partner in revolutionizing document management user experience through technical excellence
- enthusiasm and a learning mindset (research and prototyping are a major part of this job)
- 5+ years of experience with large SaaS infrastructures
- 5+ years of experience with large OOP codebases (Java enterprise web apps preferred)
- start-up experience and ability to multi task, define your own role and help wherever necessary
- someone who can help distill the vision into a working prototype and then evolve that to a product serving millions
- ability to move fast and distinguish signal from noise in everyday work life
- extensive experience with agile development
- experience with metric-informed approaches to improving overall product experience
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- experience with software behind web and mobile collaboration and productivity applications (e.g. massive file storage, object versioning, security permissions, supporting multiple user platforms)
- experience with desktop software development and especially with desktop cloud integration
- proven track record with commercial SaaS applications used globally at a massive scale
- experience with Play! framework or other Java enterprise web frameworks that include Spring, Hibernate, MySql, ...
- Senior MS-Exchange Engineer to $90K + 25% posted 13 days ago.
- IT Security - Internal, Technical Consultant to $150K posted 13 days ago.
- .NET - Senior Software Engineer - up to $90K posted 13 days ago.
- LAMP Python - Lead Developer to $115K posted 13 days ago.
- Software Quality Analyst to $70K + 25% posted 13 days ago.