Training and Development Specialist
Attention! This job posting is 15 days old and might be already filled.
Company Name BizCloud Location San Francisco, CA Date Posted Feb 10, 2012 Category Training Job Type Full-Time
Our client is the business analytics company providing power for technologist and rapid insight for users. The company is growing rapidly, in the spotlight of leading analyst firms like Gartner, and racking up public wins over traditional players in business intelligence such as Business Objects, Cognos, Informatica and Microsoft. Thousands of organizations globally, such as ideeli, Mozilla, Specsavers and more, depend on the company Business Analytics to make faster and better business decisions that positively impact their bottom line.
For this reason, they are positioned for exponential growth in the global business intelligence and analytics market. Our client is a fast-moving, fun start-up, where employees at all levels and in all departments can make a difference, develop new skills, and enjoy the pace and excitement of disrupting a major enterprise software market.
The Training and Development Specialist develops and conducts customized professional, technical, and leadership training programs including curriculum from introductory through advanced levels of technical instruction for individuals, public training courses and client departments.
- Design and development of training materials to support products
- Delivery of customer training face-to-face or online events
- Create and maintain all training materials in line with product enhancements
- Accurately identifies the basis for training and certification development or application of existing training programs as well as the most effective training strategies, methods, materials, and settings to correspond with the type of training needed.
- Writes software applications training programs, including course syllabus, text, handouts, outlines, exercises, pre/post tests, applies the complete training cycle (training needs analysis, design, delivery, and evaluation)
- Maintains progressive knowledge of the trends in computer technology as it related to Business Intelligence software as well as, training industry topics, information, techniques and materials.
- Ability to conduct training in a professional manner while maintaining order and program to ensure satisfactory coverage.
- Prepares performance reports regarding findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Knowledge of online training course functionalities
- Ability to apply current tools and technologies for cost-effective, convenient, flexible and accessible BI education.
Experience designing and delivering training with following methods is important:
- Classroom, Instructor-led, medium group (8-12)
- Lecture (large audience)
- Webcast and videoconference
- Computer Based Training (CBT)
- Web-Based training
- Capable of describing the necessary concepts, technologies and functionality using the right vocabulary at the right level of abstraction to each one of these user categories: business end-users, analysts, technical developers, and IT administrators.
- Professional, organized, and independent
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong technical background. A computer science background or at least some programming experience is highly desired.
Knowledge and skills desired:
- Business Intelligence
- Software development methods
- UI and web programming
- Integration (e.g., web services)
- Minimum of 4 year college degree in a technical field is required. Higher degrees in related technology and educational disciplines are preferred
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% mainly in North America)
- Minimum five years experience of delivering and designing face-to-face and online technical training courses
- Network Specialist posted 3 days ago.
- System Security Administrator posted 3 days ago.
- Network Communications 2 posted 3 days ago.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) Network Architect 4 posted 3 days ago.
- Microsoft BI Stack Developer posted 3 days ago.