Salesforce.com and Twitter Announce Global Strategic Alliance
Salesforce.com, and Twitter today announced a strategic global alliance to provide Twitter’s Firehose of public Tweets to Salesforce Radian6 customers. This combination allows businesses to analyze the more than 400 million Tweets generated daily to listen, fuel engagement and gain customer insight. This latest effort builds on an existing three-year relationship between the two technology pioneers.
With more than 400 million Tweets per day, Salesforce Radian6 and Twitter provide companies with new opportunities to listen, engage and gain customer insight in real time
“Companies look to Twitter to connect with their customers in real time about the things that matter to them. Salesforce.com understands how to facilitate these interactions,” said Jana Messerschmidt, vice president of Business Development at Twitter. “Combining the power of Salesforce Radian6 with Twitter helps companies understand and respond to their customers as these conversations are happening.”
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and application services allow customers to:
- Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and SalesforceForce.com.
- Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud and Salesforce Data.com.
- Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku, Salesforce Radian6 and Salesforce Site.com.
- Empower small businesses to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
- Extend a company’s social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace,AppExchange.
- Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.